Vet & Groomer Preparation
I don't want to be scared of my Groomer anymore. And I am sorry that I hurt my Vet, I didn't mean to!
Has your dog been Turned Down by Groomers?
Do you avoid going to the Vet due to how Traumatic it is for Everyone?
Maybe your dog has had a bad experience at a Groomer, or they were never trained to think that Vets are awesome! No matter what the reason we can help you teach your pooch how to be happy & relaxed with your vet or groomer, which keeps everyone happy!
Our consults are for dogs of any age, so don’t think that your older dog should simply have to continue being scared, restrained and cloth muzzled for their visits. As our dogs get older they often need to go to the vet more often as things break down, so help them learn it's okay.
A happy, calm and well trained dog makes visiting the vet and groomer a more pleasant experience for everyone. How hard do you think it is for a vet to work out where your dogs leg hurts, if they won’t even let them touch their leg? Or think about how unnecessary it is to put a dog under anaesthetic for a procedure like nail clipping that can be trained except in the most extreme cases? These are things we can help to resolve!
It is not your Vet or Groomers job to do this training, but they will be very
grateful to know your dog will be happy & relaxed so they can do their job.
We will meet at your Vet Clinic or Groomer at times scheduled with
them, for 3x 30min private sessions over a couple of months.
We cover the following plus more!
- Learning Theory and how it applies to stressful events
- What to bring to a Vet consult
- How to pick the type of groomer you will use
- Helping your dog stay relaxed & happy in the waiting room
- Training of tasks like nail cutting, injections and clipping
- Your responsibility in the consult room
- Techniques to teach your dog to enjoy examinations or grooming
- How to build confidence in the environment
- Handling techniques to reduce stress
- Muzzle Training
- Tools that can be used for cooperative care and how to use them