Your Puppy is on it’s way? You just picked up the new furry addition?
Enrol Now as the sooner you start, the easier training will be!
On enrolment you receive a pre-course lesson that is packed with infomation about how to set-up and start right from day 1, so the best time to enrol is before the puppy even arrives!
We differ from traditional puppy classes as we focus on teaching your puppy how to be calm, focused, attentive and well mannered. Teaching you to set up your puppy for life using only modern science based learning theory which doesn't involve force, fear, pain or intimidation.
No-one wants to sit in a class full of puppies barking and pulling on their leads, while you try to teach them sit on command for no real reason while learning outdated pack theory from 20 years ago. Then spend the rest of the class watching puppies play inappropriately or become overwhlemed and fearful setting them up for aggression later in life. We are focused on modern training that is far more useful than outdated unscientific dominance theory, as we think you and your puppy deserve the best education available. This is why we are different!
We will teach you how to successfully integrate your puppy into your lifestyle and family from the very start. Puppies learn constantly whether we want them to or not, so as soon as you enrol you will get a pre-course lesson to get started right away!
Our 5 week course will help you to teach them what you want them to learn, rather than all the fun things they will teach themselves. Week 1 is a 2-hour lesson without the puppies to teach the humans how dogs learn, to discuss management and training of some behaviours at home and discuss concepts that we will be putting into practice. Then each week going forward is 1.5 hours of education and fun or the whole family. Thats 8 hours of classes over 5 weeks compared to most puppy courses that are half that class time. And if that wasn't enough, you can contact your trainer by email at anytime during the course to ask further questions. After the course is over you also have access to our private Polite Paws Family facebook group where you receive lifetime support in a caring & educating environment. All that along with the Pre-course Lesson and Homework notes to take home, makes our classes amazing value for money, and a great start for your family and your new addition.
This course covers all this and more:
- Socialisation (It's more than People & dogs!)
- How to Teach Cues (eg. Sit, Down, Come & how to use them in real life)
- Increasing Calm Behaviour (Because they are good at crazy already)
- Manners (Because all family members should have them)
- Impulse Control (How to stop your puppy being so feral)
- How to stop them picking things up (and give them back if they do!)
- Mouthing (Puppy Biting)
- Chew Training (Because I know you love your furniture)
- Cooperative care (As all Vets and Groomers are serial killers!)
- Not chasing things (Livestock, Cars, Lawnmowers, Children)
- Separation Training (Most people work, so prepare them for that)
- Toilet Training (So they go exactly where you want them to)
- Mental Enrichment (How to best meet their needs past walking to prevent issues)
- Problem Solving (e.g. jumping, digging, barking, escaping, car sickness etc)
Puppy’s requirements for attending:
* To be 8 - 15 weeks old at the commencement of the course
(The earlier the better! Don't wait till 12 weeks!!)
* Must have had their 1st vaccination (usually done by the breeder at 6 weeks of age)
* On heart worm, flea and intestinal worming preventive
Classes run at:
Earlwood Animal Hospital - 213 Bexley Road, Earlwood 2206 NSW
Mon 7:30pm, Tue 7:30pm, Wed 7:30pm, Thur 7:30pm, Sun 6:30pm
Polite Paws Paradise - 350 Bull Ridge Rd East Kurrajong 2758 NSW
Fri 1pm, Fri 5:30pm, Fri 7:30pm, Sat 12pm, Sat 2pm
NOTE: Start dates will be based on the preferences of families who enrol, to ensure as many puppies possible get the best education available! You will be asked your availability in the intake form, and that is how classes are allocated. Course dates are not booked in advance.
Courses start every couple of weeks so a perfect amount of time to work on your pre-course lesson! Courses often fill weeks in advance, so get enrolments in early before your puppy arrives if possible!
Why haven't you enrolled your puppy yet???
Hurry up as time is running out!
Too tricky to commit to a set time each week? Or too hard to get the whole family out of the house?
You can do Private Consults in your Home!